We are a participating district in the “School Choice” law of the State of Arkansas. Parents from other districts wishing to apply for their child to attend a Springdale school must submit their application to our Business Office by May 1.
NEW TO THE DISTRICT?
What you will need:
- Your zoned school
Enter your address into the
Attendance Zone Finder to locate your school
- Birth Certificate or Statement from local registrar/county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth, Passport
- Social Security Card (or parent may request a nine-digit number designated by Arkansas Department of Education)
- Current Immunization Record (Shot Record)
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill)
- Name and phone number/fax number of previous school your child attended (Records Request)
- Transcript/Grades from previous school (NEEDED FOR 8-12 GRADE STUDENTS)
When you arrive at the school:
- Ask to speak to the Registrar or School Official who can help you enroll your child
- You will be required to fill out a new student enrollment packet
- The school nurse will review your child’s immunization record
- The school nurse will inform you if there are any immunizations needed
- If you are currently on Free/Reduced lunch it will not transfer to a new School District. You must fill out a new form.
- Please ask for a Free/Reduced Lunch form or click here to apply online
IF YOU HAVE MOVED WITHIN THE SPRINGDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT:
- If your child is in Grades 7-12, call your child's current school and arrange to withdraw your child from that school (check out slip must be signed by his/her current teachers).
If your child is in Grades K-6, skip this step.
- Enter your new address into the Attendance Zone Finder to locate your new school
- You will need proof of your new address (Utility Bill)
- Fill out a new Enrollment Card and Health Card at the new school
- The new school will request your child’s file from the previous school he/she attended